Most important news, B was able to download seasons 1 and 2 of The Only Way is Essex for me, so I can watch it now! Season 3 actually starts tomorrow night, but I think I will have to wait for that because the videos on ITV2’s website won’t work for US users. That’s okay. I have a lot to catch up on. Yay! I’m a dork. 😉
Fun weekend with friends. On Thursday night we went to a couple bars in downtown LA. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that not all the bars down there were club-type of places with people in slutty outfits. Like we went to a tavern and a hole-in-the-wall dive bar that were like any bars you could find in any area of the country. It was fun. There were actually a lot more of these latter types of bars, Irish pubs and the like.
Then last night, we had a game night here, and played my favorite game Taboo! I had a lot of fun, but today I felt like crap even though I only had three drinks and didn’t even really feel drunk. This is why I have a two-drink limit rule that I am not going to go over again for quite some time. I just want to stay on track, meaning that outside physical influences (like feeling sick, drinking too much, being too hungry, being too tired) are triggers I don’t need. There are already emotional triggers out there and if you take care of these physical things then you have more stamina to deal with the emotional triggers.
Overall, I AM feeling a lot stronger though and gradually doing better with numbers. I feel healthier many days too.
Long day on the bus today. But it is sadly nice to have something to do. On my “to do” list for tonight is to apply to the two volunteer jobs I found yesterday and to study for the PCAT – especially to put all of what I have already gone through on notecards since my mom got me some today.
I decided that I am not going to look at next week as something to be scared of. I usually really want alone time so I am going to focus on that and on doing some fun things for myself such as:
- Having a friend over to watch the ‘Mad Men’ premier on SUNDAY, JULY 25th! I LOVE THAT SHOW! Can you tell I am excited? 😉
- Trying to get a girls’ night dinner with another friend and her friends. Okay, so I don’t have that many friends. But this friend I shall call M (who is actually my boyfriend’s friend) has a girls’ night every month with her friends from college and they invite me sometimes. They haven’t in awhile and that makes me worry they don’t like me. But I thought I would challenge myself to invite them all over here and cook dinner.
- Go to dinner and a movie by myself. I strangely really enjoy going to movies alone at the theater. 🙂
- Watch ‘Sex and the City’ and get a lot of good quality study time in with no interruptions.
- Maybe plan one more friend activity to get out of the house.
I don’t do much in the way of social stuff. Well, I am not much of an organizer. It is more my style to tag along when other people invite me. But lately I have gotten a lot of anxiety over even that. I am proud of myself for actually calling people to make plans lately and sticking to them.
Thank you all for your kind words lately. I can’t say thank you enough!It means more to me than you could ever know. Sometimes I am so resistant to/scared about recovery and ya’ll are my inspiration. It is especially hard with my boyfriend being deployed. I hope I can support everyone else too! (I lived in Tennessee for a year so I feel I can say “ya’ll” now and then….no? 😉 )