I would estimate that 1 in 3 of the blog posts I write actually get published! I decide that I either wrote something too personal or that I wrote something too boring, and I just save the draft and never publish it. Then I move on to something else. Like this post.
This coming week, my goals are:
- Swim every day. I do get nerve pain in my arms from swimming, but I feel like that is NOT why I have not been going lately. I have just not been loving myself enough. Binging is just totally taking my swims away from me. I just want to make a go to go every day and to let the ONLY excuse be that my arms hurt, not that I binged that morning or that I feel I don’t deserve to go.
- Take each day in half-day increments. Make each of these half-days something to be proud of. I am really struggling with the mornings now. I just wake up feeling so afraid of my own emotions and thoughts. I AM SICK OF THIS! I just want to be patient and wait through the four hours or so until I can wake B up for work, alternating short walks (top of the hour, each hour, NOT feeling guilty and not going because I can’t take Ralph right now since he got neutered yesterday – and he started pulling me on the leash which really hurts but that’s another story) with tasks (cleaning, working on my Master’s application, etc) and WRITING on the computer (whether that be fiction or blogging).
- REMEMBERING THAT I WILL HAVE A PURPOSE NEXT WEEK WHEN I START MY VOLUNTEER JOB! And that my purpose THIS week is to do this Master’s application.
- NO EPISODES —> NONE! Am I scared to make this a goal? Yes. Am I doing it anyway? Yes.
- Increase clean eating and eating vitamin-rich, nutritional things!
Have you seen Us Weekly’s “25 Things” articles, where celebrities list 25 things you don’t know about them? I love these things. I could write my own, and sometime I will, but when I read them I often find myself agreeing or disagreeing on their opinions or weighing in somehow. Here is one from Anderson Cooper and my comments.
“Journalist Anderson Cooper, 44 — his daytime talk show, Anderson, premieres September 12 — shares the 25 things you don’t know about him with Us Weekly.
1. I started going gray in college. That would not be fun.
2. I wish I still had brown hair. I think he looks quite handsome with gray hair.
3. I love my Real Housewives of Atlanta and Beverly Hills. Miami, not so much. Okay, I am a Real Housewives fan-freak but I think NJ and NYC are my favorites. I like the OC and Atlanta too. Totally agree about Miami. And I like Beverly Hills but the dynamic between Kyle and Kim bothers me. And all the plastic surgery. Don’t these people know it looks awful? (My theory is that no, they don’t, because they are surrounded by it all the time so it looks normal to them.)
4. I met Charlie Chaplin when I was 6. I have a photo, but no actual memory of it. That would be cool. Have you met any famous people? I am so curious. I played against John Elway’s daughter in soccer once, in high school. He was at the game so I saw him but I was obviously IN the game so I didn’t get a chance to meet him (nor would I have bothered him).
5. I am very disorganized. Yeah, me too. Which is hard to admit because I used to be a very organized person. I don’t know what happened to me.
6. Shopping for clothes makes my head hurt. Ugh, me too. I hate shopping. I like getting new clothes though.
7. I work out nearly every day. Yes, I know how annoying that sounds. It’s not annoying. I swim nearly every day. At least I did and now I need to again (see goal above). And I used to work out every day before my nerve disorder. I didn’t even notice it. I loved it and I miss it. Also, I think long walks and hiking count.
8. I love fast food. I do not love fast food.
9. I need to eat better. Me too.
10. I collected toy soldiers when I was young. I collected My Little Pony stuff.
11. I became a reporter by going to wars by myself with a camera and a fake press pass. Wow, that’s impressive.
12. I’ve been addicted to TV since I was little. I have been addicted to reading since I was little.
13. I was a Dungeons & Dragons geek when I was young. I spent a lot of time indoors. I HATE being indoors, always have! I feel suffocated.
14. I can fall asleep anywhere at any time. NOT ME! I don’t sleep well. I am such a light sleeper. B sleeps so hard, I am jealous.
15. I was a child model. Embarrassing! Yes, that is embarrassing. 😉
16. I don’t drink any hot liquids. No tea, no coffee. Wow. I drink so much tea, even in the summer. Hot tea. Love it.
17. Oddly, my favorite ice cream flavor is coffee. That is probably my least favorite ice cream flavor. My favorite is butter pecan.
18. I don’t like to wear sunglasses, no matter how bright out it is. Come to think of it, I rarely wear sunglasses either.
19. I struggled with dyslexia as a child. I think it’s amazing when people overcome that.
20. Chocolate chip cookies make me happy. Yum. Cookies are by far my favorite dessert.
21. I can’t sing, and won’t try. ME NEITHER to both.
22. I like to dance, but never on TV. I do not like to dance.
23. I’ve bitten my nails for as long as I can remember.
24. I am a dog person and have a dog named Molly, but I’ve recently discovered cats are OK too. I am a dog person, obviously. But I am also starting to think about giving cats a chance.
25. I like to assume the best about people, until I am proven wrong. Me too! This is exactly how I approach everyone. I kind of don’t like people I know who do the opposite (place you on the floor when they meet you and expect you to “prove yourself” to them).”
What are your comments to some of Anderson Cooper’s answers? What kind of person are you in regards to #25? Why? Have you ever met anyone famous?