Good news! I CAN GET ON B’s HEALTH INSURANCE NOW AS A DOMESTIC PARTNER!!! We don’t have to wait until we are married.
I decided that if I STOP WORRYING about earning money and being worthless, I actually have a lot to do now!
- Wedding planning…yes, this is a full-time job – realizing this more and more!
- Working on my book and articles
- Figuring out the rest of my student loan stuff
- Organzing all my bills and paperwork
- Unpacking the rest of our stuff when it arrives on March 29th (thank you Army, FINALLY!)
- Getting and training my new dog – so excited I can finally get one once I officially move there so I won’t be lonely!
- Making dinners for B to take to work, and for us together the nights he is home. 🙂
- Filling out all the health insurance paperwork for us, setting up my new doctors and therapy.
- My swims, of course!
- Continuing to try to find the right job for me…okay so this isn’t supposed to be in this list. The point is that I have TIME to take care of this and shouldn’t be afraid of being bored and, thus, of myself in the meantime with all the above things to do!
I thought this budget tool was really cool last night. It helped me get a ballpark for things.
Writing that list above was comforting. I hate being bored more than anything. I genuinely enjoy being busy, but I also recognize that there is a part of me that has to always be busy to feel worth (or like I am not lazy). I still often feel worthless because I am unemployed and also not fulfilled with a career that I want, but I am learning to find worth in simple things, and joy in having SOMETHING to do! Many little things are accomplishments and NECESSARY that we don’t give ourselves credit for!