Today I am:
- Up early because I went swimming at 6am.
- Upset because now my arms hurt on the computer and I really wanted to get a lot done today.
- Making a plan for that to accomplish one thing (my PA school essay) and then try to stay off it and alternate that with walking and feet activities.
- Using DBT skills and pushing away the fear
- ABC skills: Accmulating positives, Building Mastery, Coping Ahead
- Making myself Numero Uno
Challenge Day 1 —> Challenge #1: Swim —> Check! at 6am no less so I could use the car!
Challenge Day 1 —> Challenge #2: DBT skills used:
- (This isn’t as detailed as it will be in the future because I didn’t really do the checksheet yesterday yet.)
- Wise Mind
- Figure out interpersonal (and personal) goals and priorities
- Attend to relationships with VALIDATION
- Problem solving
- Mindful to current emotion
- TIP – exercise
- Willingness over Willfulness
Examples will be included in DBT skills checklist in the future.
Challenge Day 1 —> Challenge #3: Let the past go, move on from here. Focus on me.
- I let the morning go yesterday. So I woke up okay this morning without self-judgment about that.